Dear Cambridge SRIS Families,
I welcome you all on-board, the new and existing students and parents of SRIS, for the new academic session 2020-2021. Monday the 24th of August is the first day of online learning for this school year. All must be missing your regular work and lifestyle. In fact, I long for the noise in the corridor, the movement in the playground, the small talks of yours in the classroom, the hustle and bustle during dispersal. Life has taken a sudden dramatic turn in the event of the present crisis. My vision, as the principal, is to always put kids first! My belief is that all students can learn. As educators, we need to discover how each child learns in order to differentiate our instruction to support diverse learning styles. In a collaborative effort, we want children to thrive in all ways possible. My hope is that all children will love school and nurture a learning environment that is positive, safe, warm, caring, as well as a fun place to learn and grow.
Student success is attributed to the partnership and the relationships we build within our community and this is MOST important now more than ever. Education is a joint venture and Team Cambridge SRIS greatly appreciates the support you provide for your children at home and at school to help them meet their learning goals.
A few things you may be wondering about before we get started next week:
When will we find out who our new teacher is?
- If you haven’t already received one, please expect a special message from your homeroom teacher by Saturday morning
- If you already use Edupage, you can see the timetable for the next week online
What will distance learning look like?
- Please visit our Teaching and Learning Tab of our school website for the latest information regarding our Distance Learning Program. Please keep in mind that each individual teacher/grade level will provide a more detailed weekly schedule by Sunday 5:00p.m.
Important Dates to REMEMBER:
- Friday 21st of August by 15:00 message from your homeroom teacher
- Sunday, expect a schedule for the first week of school from your child’s teacher by 5:00p.m. on Edupage.
- Monday, – First Day of School, Orientation Day
- 8:30 to 10:30 Kindergarten and grade 1 In-school
- 10:30 to 1200 Grade 2 to 11 through Zoom
- Tuesday, 25th September – 8:30 to 15:30 Hybrid Learning along with private tutorials.
Are you new to Cambridge SRIS?
I encourage you to take a look at our school website www.sris.edu.kg
Please make sure to take advantage of all of the avenues of communication that we offer.
To start, the Cambridge Silk Road International School website is full of great information and we urge you to check the website often for news and updates.
Make sure to check your email regularly! We send the vast majority of our communications home via email and Edupage.
Please be sure to read our weekly newsletter. All Cambridge SRIS families will receive a weekly email to urge you to read the newsletter. This is our primary mode of communicating important announcements and event information to parents, and we appreciate you taking the time to “stay in the loop!”
We hope you will find that Cambridge Silk Road International School is truly a place where learning is joyful and children delight in coming to school.
To all of my fellow Cambridge SRIS, let’s make it a great year! Please stay safe and enjoy the last week of summer!
For my very young learners see you in school soon and others see you ‘virtually’ very soon!
Cambridge Silk Road International School