Congratulations Cambridge SRIS Parents!
We made it through our first week of remote learning. Even with a global Zoom outage, our teachers and students managed a quick pivot to get our virtual learning as well as individual tutorials for off to a strong start. Obstacles come at us daily, but we are like water, moving around anything that tries to stand in our way. I was in awe at how hard our teachers, students, and parents have worked to get us to this point, but it’s just the beginning! We are going to need all of the support we can get in order to continue with our early success. 300 students logging in each day is no easy feat, and as each day passes, we are able to troubleshoot more problems in hopes of getting 100% daily participation!
As we continue to move deeper into the virtual learning tunnel (don’t worry, I see a light!), I want to remind you of a few important points:
- Studies show that it takes approximately 10 school days to become well-adjusted to a new learning environment. Be patient and we will garner feedback from stakeholders after this timeline through a thoughtful stakeholder survey.
- It’s okay to provide support to your young ones during this adjustment period, but remember, we want our learners to become independent and our teachers want you to be able to go about your day while they do the heavy lifting. Be ready to begin relinquishing control.
- Children are having fun getting to know their new homeroom’s teacher through one to one tutorials. ESL Department had a striking kick start with intensive English online and in-person classes in small groups of less than four students.
- IGCSE students began their induction seminar and time management in 2020 class on Saturday the 30th of August. The attendance was 100% with highly motivated students and teachers are all set to embark in their academic adventure.
- Young learners, grade 1, are excited to be back to school. They are divided into small pods of 6 kids, keeping social distancing and have put together some great protocols in place to ensure safety for everyone.
I hope you have a great second week. I want to commend you for assisting your child during this time. Please know that Cambridge SRIS educators are here to assist you with any questions. Continue to reach out to your teachers as well for any individual support or feedback.
Take care and stay safe!