This post is also available in: English (Англисче) Русский (Орус)
Homeroom Teacher – Cambridge PrimarySilk Road International School - Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Open position for a Cambridge Primary homeroom teacher (Grade 1 to 5) at Silk Road International School.
At «SRIS» we need a qualified Cambridge primary teacher to teach English, Science and/or Mathematics following the Cambridge Curriculum.
- Education required: Bachelor
- Teaching certificate
- At least one year of teaching experience
- Experience teaching Cambridge Curriculum preferred
- English: C1 Level (Proficient user > Effective operational proficiency or advanced)
- optimally as a native speaker.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating lesson plans and assisting in curriculum development
- Applying various instructional strategies
- Monitoring student progress
- Managing classroom activities and student behaviour
- Communicating with parents and guardians
- Attending professional development classes and programs
Start and Duration
This teaching position is starting on 8th of August 2022 with a two-week teacher induction training. Silk Road International School start the academic year on the 22nd of August 2022.
This position is a full-time position with a one-year contract, which will be prolonged for another year with mutual consent.
Salary and benefits are competitive and will be discussed during the interview.
Your application must include:
- A cover letter (email) in English.
- At least one reference contact or recommendation letter of previous teaching position.
- In the E-Mail Subject: A reference to the position, for which you are applying for.
- A highlight of your relevant skills.
- The date of your availability.
- Your CV (in English or Russian).
Interested applicants should send their application to email@example.com
Language proficiency levels
The Language proficiency levels in this job description are described using the “Common European Framework of Reference for Languages” also used by “Cambridge English Qualifications“.
- A1: Basic user > Breakthrough or beginner
- A2: Basic user > Waystage or elementary
- B1: Independent user > Threshold or intermediate
- B2: Independent user > Vantage or upper intermediate
- C1: Proficient user > Effective operational proficiency or advanced
- C2: Proficient user > Mastery or proficiency
About SRIS – Silk Road International School Bishkek
Silk Road International School («SRIS») is an International School in Bishkek, which offers the full Cambridge pathway from Cambridge Primary, Cambridge IGCSE to Cambridge Advanced.
«SRIS» is the only school in Kyrgyzstan to offer a creative branch with Design & Textiles. Our high school students graduate with Cambridge IGCSE or Cambridge Advanced Levels.
«SRIS» strives to be the best place for merited young talents to develop the stable personalities needed to become esteemed global citizens.
Silk Road International School has offered international education in Bishkek since 1999.
Industry: Education (Teaching Position)
Type of involvement:
- Full-time Position
- Until position is filled
- Duration until the end of the ongoing school year, prolonged with mutual consent.
- Salary: discussed during the interview
- Location: Bishkek, 11th micro district, Aitiev 7
- Work Schedule: from 8:30 to 16:30
All open positions at SRIS
Russian Language Teacher
Open position for a Russian Language Teacher at Silk Road International School.
Marketing Assistant for a Cambridge School
Open position for a Marketing Assistant at Silk Road International School
Primary Co-teacher / Assistant Teacher
Open position for a primary co-teacher (6 to 10-year-olds) at Silk Road International School. The position is open for the current academic year. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Kyrgyz Language Teacher
Open position for a Kyrgyz Language Teacher at Silk Road International School. We update our Kyrgyz and Russian curriculum to use the latest teaching techniques.
Physical Education Teacher – Cambridge Primary
Open position for a Physical Education teacher for Primary and Lower High School at Silk Road International School.