This post is also available in: Русский (Russian) Кыргызча (Kyrgyz)
ICT Teacher (Computer Science)Silk Road International School - Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Open position for an Information and Communication Technologies teacher at Silk Road International School.
Silk Road International School (SRIS) strives to provide the best stimulation for young students to develop the responsibility, integrity and self-motivation necessary to develop their personalities and gain the skills to build a career for themselves in the future. At our Cambridge International School we use English as main language, during all ‘non-language’ subjects.
We operate an ICT Lab and our library features a Computer Corner.
The ICT Lab is our main classroom for ICT and Computer Science lessons and features an interactive whiteboard.
Our Libraries’ Computer Corner is an additional classroom for PBL workgroups and collaborative learning groups, e.g. our ‘Content and Media Creation’ workgroups, and hosts several computer research and learning stations.
We need a self-motivated computer science teacher to educate students from primary to high school in the use of computers, applications and ICT working techniques. Starting next school year (2022/2023) we offer IGCSE Computer Science.
- Optimally a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related discipline.
- Optimally some experience working in a school or university, teaching ICT related subjects.
- Solid IT skills.
- Great organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- English: Solid B2 Level (Independent user > Vantage or upper intermediate)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide students in content creation and teach the use of elementary software tools.
- Teach the use of Google Workspace: Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Forms.
- Teach hardware basics (computers (Apple and PC), tablets, printers, scanners, projectors, and digital whiteboards)
- Teach basic programming knowledge
- Teach the concept and use of graphics and video editors
- Computer Lab maintenance – to make sure all the devices in the computer lab are networked and working properly.
- Downloading important software updates and maintaining hardware.
- Manage, develop and share resources to enhance teaching of ICT and Computing.
- Monitor Student Progress Through Administrating Assignments, Quizzes, and Tests
- Provide technical support to students in using the school’s computers.
- Supervise student workgroups, during projects in the ICT lab.
- Play an active role in school’s advancement and implementation of the SRIS mission statement.
- Collaborate with the SRIS teaching staff to meet the school’s overall goals.
Start and Duration
This position is currently open.
This position is a full-time position with a contract for the running school year, which will be prolonged for another year with mutual consent.
Salary and benefits are competitive and will be discussed during the interview.
Your application must include:
- In the E-Mail Subject: Your name and a reference to the position, for which you are applying for.
- A cover letter (email) in English.
- At least one reference contact or recommendation letter of previous comparable position.
- A highlight of your relevant skills
- The date of your availability.
- Your CV (in English).
Interested applicants should send their application to email@example.com
Language proficiency levels
The Language proficiency levels in this job description are described using the
Common European Framework of Reference for Languages also used by
Cambridge English Qualifications.
- A1: Basic user > Breakthrough or beginner
- A2: Basic user > Waystage or elementary
- B1: Independent user > Threshold or intermediate
- B2: Independent user > Vantage or upper intermediate
- C1: Proficient user > Effective operational proficiency or advanced
- C2: Proficient user > Mastery or proficiency
About SRIS – Silk Road International School Bishkek
Silk Road International School («SRIS») is an International School in Bishkek, which offers the full Cambridge pathway from Cambridge Primary, Cambridge IGCSE to Cambridge Advanced.
«SRIS» is the only school in Kyrgyzstan to offer a creative branch with Design & Textiles. Our high school students graduate with Cambridge IGCSE or Cambridge Advanced Levels.
«SRIS» strives to be the best place for merited young talents to develop the stable personalities needed to become esteemed global citizens.
Silk Road International School has offered international education in Bishkek since 1999.
Number of teaching staff: 48
Number of students: 340
Industry: Education (Teaching Position)
Type of involvement:
- Full-time Position
- Until position is filled
- Duration until the end of the ongoing school year, prolonged with mutual consent.
- Salary: discussed during the interview
- Location: Bishkek, 11th micro district, Aitiev 7
- Work Schedule: from 8:30 to 16:30
All open positions at SRIS
Russian Language Teacher
Open position for a Russian Language Teacher at Silk Road International School.
Marketing Assistant for a Cambridge School
Open position for a Marketing Assistant at Silk Road International School
Primary Co-teacher / Assistant Teacher
Open position for a primary co-teacher (6 to 10-year-olds) at Silk Road International School. The position is open for the current academic year. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Kyrgyz Language Teacher
Open position for a Kyrgyz Language Teacher at Silk Road International School. We update our Kyrgyz and Russian curriculum to use the latest teaching techniques.
Physical Education Teacher – Cambridge Primary
Open position for a Physical Education teacher for Primary and Lower High School at Silk Road International School.
Homeroom Teacher – Cambridge Primary
Open position for a Cambridge Primary homeroom teacher at Silk Road International School.