This post is also available in: Русский (Russian) Кыргызча (Kyrgyz)
Librarian for SRIS school librarySilk Road International School - Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Open position for a Librarian at Silk Road International School for the school year 2020/2021.
Silk Road International School (SRIS) strives to provide the best stimulation for young students to develop the responsibility, integrity and self-motivation necessary to develop their personalities and gain the skills to build a career for themselves in the future. At our Cambridge International School we use English as main language, during all ‘non-language’ subjects.
Our Library is not just the central hub for our school resources, but also classroom to PBL workgroups and collaborative learning groups, e.g. our ‘Content and Media Creation’ workgroups, and hosts several computer research and learning stations.
We need a self-motivated Librarian to maintain the SRIS school library. As a librarian, you will perform a range of duties such as cataloging library resources and maintaining library records.
For this position, you will have to demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills, as a great part of your job will involve interacting with the SRIS community including students, young children and teachers. The ideal candidate should possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
You will works with both students and teachers to facilitate access to information in a wide variety of formats, instruct students and teachers how to acquire, evaluate and use information and the technology needed in this process, and introduces children and young adults to literature and other resources to broaden their horizons. As a collaborator and change agent, the school librarian helps us implements our ‘Content and Media Creation’ program that will help prepare students to be effective users of ideas and information.
You will create an environment where collaboration and creative problem solving thrive. When supervising project based learning (PBL) workgroups you will be an excellent communicator who encourages and promotes enthusiasm in others. The main purpose of your role is to ensure that pupils and staff are effective users of ideas and information.
- High school diploma or an equivalent qualification.
- Optimally a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Optimally some experience working in a school, university or library.
- Solid IT skills.
- Great organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- English: Solid B2 Level, better: C1 Level (Proficient user > Effective operational proficiency or advanced)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Opening the library before school, during break-time and lunch-time and after school.
- Interact with students to promote positive attitudes toward school library.
- Help students and teachers locate reference and leisure reading materials.
- Provide non-technical support to students in using the library computers, e.g. help with login or the standard use of the computer.
- Supervise student workgroups, during projects in the library.
- Play an active role in school’s advancement and implementation of the SRIS mission statement.
- Create an environment that fosters active and participatory learning and resource-based instructional practices.
- Collaborate with the SRIS teaching staff to meet the school’s overall goals.
- Oversee the check-out process for books and other resource materials.
- Maintain accurate library records.
- Collect and catalog library resources including books, films, and publications.
- Perform regular audits of the information and inventory on file.
- Take over class supervision or substitutions.
- Support our SRIS school events.
- Support and contribute to the school’s responsibility for safeguarding pupils
Start and Duration
This position is starting on 9th of August 2021 with a two week teacher induction training. Silk Road International School start the academic year on 21st of August 2021.
This position is a full-time position with a one year contract, which will be prolonged for another year with mutual consent.
Salary and benefits are competitive and will be discussed during the interview.
Your application must include:
- In the E-Mail Subject: Your name and a reference to the position, for which you are applying for.
- A cover letter (email) in English.
- At least one reference contact or recommendation letter of previous comparable position.
- A highlight of your relevant skills
- The date of your availability.
- Your CV (in English).
Interested applicants should send their application to email@example.com
Language proficiency levels
The Language proficiency levels in this job description are described using the
Common European Framework of Reference for Languages also used by
Cambridge English Qualifications.
- A1: Basic user > Breakthrough or beginner
- A2: Basic user > Waystage or elementary
- B1: Independent user > Threshold or intermediate
- B2: Independent user > Vantage or upper intermediate
- C1: Proficient user > Effective operational proficiency or advanced
- C2: Proficient user > Mastery or proficiency
About SRIS – Silk Road International School Bishkek
Silk Road International School («SRIS») is an International School in Bishkek, which offers the full Cambridge pathway from Cambridge Primary, Cambridge IGCSE to Cambridge Advanced.
«SRIS» is the only school in Kyrgyzstan to offer a creative branch with Design & Textiles. Our high school students graduate with Cambridge IGCSE or Cambridge Advanced Levels.
«SRIS» strives to be the best place for merited young talents to develop the stable personalities needed to become esteemed global citizens.
Silk Road International School has offered international education in Bishkek since 1999.
Number of teaching staff: 48
Number of students: 340
Industry: Education (Teaching Position)
Type of involvement:
- Full-time Position
- Until position is filled
- Duration until the end of the ongoing school year, prolonged with mutual consent.
- Salary: discussed during the interview
- Location: Bishkek, 11th micro district, Aitiev 7
- Work Schedule: from 8:30 to 16:30
All open positions at SRIS
Russian Language Teacher
Open position for a Russian Language Teacher at Silk Road International School.
Marketing Assistant for a Cambridge School
Open position for a Marketing Assistant at Silk Road International School
Primary Co-teacher / Assistant Teacher
Open position for a primary co-teacher (6 to 10-year-olds) at Silk Road International School. The position is open for the current academic year. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Kyrgyz Language Teacher
Open position for a Kyrgyz Language Teacher at Silk Road International School. We update our Kyrgyz and Russian curriculum to use the latest teaching techniques.
Physical Education Teacher – Cambridge Primary
Open position for a Physical Education teacher for Primary and Lower High School at Silk Road International School.
Homeroom Teacher – Cambridge Primary
Open position for a Cambridge Primary homeroom teacher at Silk Road International School.