This post is also available in: English (Английский) Кыргызча
Russian Language TeacherSilk Road International School - Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Open position for a Russian Language Teacher at Silk Road International School.
At «SRIS» we use English as main teaching language, teach Kyrgyz and Russian as first and second language and offer German as a second language.
We are currently updating our Kyrgyz and Russian curriculum to use the latest teaching techniques.
In upper secondary we also teach the use of computer assisted translation (CAT) as interdisciplinary course with the computer department.
We need you to complement our team and help us implement these improvements by creating captivating projects and engaging teaching plans.
As part of our highly motivated teaching team you would implement these plans in your classes.
Since we are going a new route in teaching languages, this position is also open for foreign language teachers with excellent Russian.
- Teaching Diploma in Russian, Kyrgyz or any other language.
- Alternatively a teaching degree in sciences, math or in a comparable range.
- At least one year of teaching experience.
- Russian: C1 Level (Proficient user > Effective operational proficiency or advanced).
- English: At least B1 (Independent user > Threshold or intermediate)
- Reason: As an international school in Bishkek our school’s work and teaching language is English.
Duties and Responsibilities
- create and implement enticing lesson plans.
- create and implement engaging project plans.
- Cooperate with the whole language department to update our language curriculum to the very latest and research proven teaching techniques.
Start and Duration
This teaching position is starting as soon as possible.
This position is a full-time position with a one year contract, which will be prolonged for another year with mutual consent.
Salary and benefits are competitive and will be discussed during the interview.
Your application must include:
- A cover letter (email) in English.
- At least one reference contact or recommendation letter of previous teaching position.
- In the E-Mail Subject: A reference to the position, for which you are applying for.
- A highlight of your relevant skills.
- The date of your availability.
- Your CV (in English or Russian).
Interested applicants should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Language proficiency levels
The Language proficiency levels in this job description are described using the «Common European Framework of Reference for Languages» also used by «Cambridge English Qualifications«.
- A1: Basic user > Breakthrough or beginner
- A2: Basic user > Waystage or elementary
- B1: Independent user > Threshold or intermediate
- B2: Independent user > Vantage or upper intermediate
- C1: Proficient user > Effective operational proficiency or advanced
- C2: Proficient user > Mastery or proficiency
About SRIS — Silk Road International School Bishkek
Silk Road International School («SRIS») is an International School in Bishkek, which offers the full Cambridge pathway from Cambridge Primary, Cambridge IGCSE to Cambridge Advanced.
Our high school students graduate with Cambridge IGCSE or Cambridge Advanced Levels.
«SRIS» strives to be the best place for merited young talents to develop the stable personalities needed to become esteemed global citizens.
Silk Road International School has offered international education in Bishkek since 1999.
Industry: Education (Teaching Position)
Type of involvement:
- Full-time Position
- Until position is filled
- Duration until the end of the ongoing school year, prolonged with mutual consent.
- Salary: discussed during the interview
- Location: Bishkek, 11th micro district, Aitiev 7
- Work Schedule: from 8:30 to 16:30
All open positions at SRIS
Marketing Assistant for a Cambridge School
Open position for a Marketing Assistant at Silk Road International School
Primary Co-teacher / Assistant Teacher
Open position for a primary co-teacher (6 to 10-year-olds) at Silk Road International School. The position is open for the current academic year. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Kyrgyz Language Teacher
Open position for a Kyrgyz Language Teacher at Silk Road International School. We update our Kyrgyz and Russian curriculum to use the latest teaching techniques.
Physical Education Teacher — Cambridge Primary
Open position for a Physical Education teacher for Primary and Lower High School at Silk Road International School.
Homeroom Teacher — Cambridge Primary
Open position for a Cambridge Primary homeroom teacher at Silk Road International School.