This post is also available in: Русский (Russian) Кыргызча (Kyrgyz)
- Application Deadline: 2021-07-05
- Salary: Competitive, discussed during the interview
- Work experience: 1 year
- Location: Bishkek, 11th micro district, Aitiev 7
- Type of involvement: full time
- Schedule: from 8:30 to 16:30
- Industry: Education
Open position for an English Language Teacher (IGCSE) at Silk Road International School for the school year 2020/2021.
At «SRIS» we use English as main teaching language, teach Kyrgyz and Russian as first and second language and offer German as a second language with a Cambridge IGCSE diploma.
We need a qualified English teacher for the school year 2020/2021, to teach 9th and 10th grade student and prepare them for the Cambridge IGCSE exams.
We need you to complement our language team and help us implement captivating lessons and engaging teaching plans. The corresponding Cambridge syllabus, past exam papers and books are of course provided.
- Teaching Diploma in English.
- At least one year of teaching experience, optimally in teaching the Cambridge IGCSE curriculum for first or second language.
- English: C1 Level (Proficient user > Effective operational proficiency or advanced)
- optimally as a native speaker.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and implement enticing lesson plans.
- Create and implement engaging project plans.
Start and Duration
This teaching position is starting on 9th of August 2021 with a two week teacher induction training. Silk Road International School start the academic year on 21st of August 2021.
This position is a full-time position with a one year contract, which will be prolonged for another year with mutual consent.
Salary and benefits are competitive and will be discussed during the interview.
Your application must include:
- A cover letter (email) in English.
- At least one reference contact or recommendation letter of previous teaching position.
- In the E-Mail Subject: A reference to the position, for which you are applying for.
- A highlight of your relevant skills.
- The date of your availability.
- Your CV (in English or Russian).
Interested applicants should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Language proficiency levels
The Language proficiency levels in this job description are described using the “Common European Framework of Reference for Languages” also used by “Cambridge English Qualifications“.
- A1: Basic user > Breakthrough or beginner
- A2: Basic user > Waystage or elementary
- B1: Independent user > Threshold or intermediate
- B2: Independent user > Vantage or upper intermediate
- C1: Proficient user > Effective operational proficiency or advanced
- C2: Proficient user > Mastery or proficiency
About SRIS – Silk Road International School Bishkek
Silk Road International School («SRIS») is an International School in Bishkek, which offers the full Cambridge pathway from Cambridge Primary, Cambridge IGCSE to Cambridge Advanced.
«SRIS» is the only school in Kyrgyzstan to offer a creative branch with Design & Textiles. Our high school students graduate with Cambridge IGCSE or Cambridge Advanced Levels.
«SRIS» strives to be the best place for merited young talents to develop the stable personalities needed to become esteemed global citizens.
Silk Road International School has offered international education in Bishkek since 1999.
Number of teaching staff: 48
Number of students: 340