- Application Deadline: 2021-07-05
- Salary: Competitive, discussed during the interview
- Work experience: 1 year
- Location: Bishkek, 11th micro district, Aitiev 7
- Type of involvement: full time
- Schedule: from 8:30 to 16:30
- Industry: Education
Open position for a Russian Language Teacher at Silk Road International School for the school year 2020/2021.
At «SRIS» we use English as main teaching language, teach Kyrgyz and Russian as first and second language and offer German as a second language.
For the school year 2020/2021 we update our Kyrgyz and Russian curriculum to use the latest teaching techniques as PBL (Project Based Learning), playful learning and extracurricular activities.
In upper secondary we also teach the use of computer assisted translation (CAT) as interdisciplinary course with the computer department.
We need you to complement our team and help us implement these improvements by creating captivating projects and engaging teaching plans.
As part of our highly motivated teaching team you would implement these plans in your classes.
Since we are going a new route in teaching languages, this position is also open and suitable for subject teachers (e.g. science) or foreign language teachers with excellent Russian.
The head of our language department will assist you in adopting you teaching to the new subject. Internal trainings will give non-language teachers the necessary didactical skills needed for teaching Russian.
- Teaching Diploma in Russian, Kyrgyz or any other language.
- Alternatively a teaching degree in sciences, math or in a comparable range.
- At least one year of teaching experience.
- Russian: C1 Level (Proficient user > Effective operational proficiency or advanced).
- English: At least A2; B1 (Independent user > Threshold or intermediate) preferred,
- Reason: As an international school in Bishkek our school’s work and teaching language is English.
Duties and Responsibilities
- create and implement enticing lesson plans.
- create and implement engaging project plans.
- Cooperate with the whole language department to update our language curriculum to the very latest and research proven teaching techniques.
Start and Duration
This teaching position is starting on 9th of August 2021 with a two week teacher induction training. Silk Road International School start the academic year on 21st of August 2021.
This position is a full-time position with a one year contract, which will be prolonged for another year with mutual consent.
Salary and benefits are competitive and will be discussed during the interview.
Your application must include:
- A cover letter (email) in English.
- At least one reference contact or recommendation letter of previous teaching position.
- In the E-Mail Subject: A reference to the position, for which you are applying for.
- A highlight of your relevant skills.
- The date of your availability.
- Your CV (in English or Russian).
Interested applicants should send their application to email@example.com
Language proficiency levels
The Language proficiency levels in this job description are described using the “Common European Framework of Reference for Languages” also used by “Cambridge English Qualifications“.
- A1: Basic user > Breakthrough or beginner
- A2: Basic user > Waystage or elementary
- B1: Independent user > Threshold or intermediate
- B2: Independent user > Vantage or upper intermediate
- C1: Proficient user > Effective operational proficiency or advanced
- C2: Proficient user > Mastery or proficiency
About SRIS – Silk Road International School Bishkek
«SRIS» is the only school in Kyrgyzstan to offer a creative branch with Design & Textiles. Our high school students graduate with Cambridge IGCSE or Cambridge Advanced Levels.
«SRIS» strives to be the best place for merited young talents to develop the stable personalities needed to become esteemed global citizens.
Silk Road International School has offered international education in Bishkek since 1999.
Number of teaching staff: 48
Number of students: 340