This post is also available in: English (Англисче) Русский (Орус)
English Language Teacher (ESL/EAL)Silk Road International School - Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Open position for an English Language Teacher (ESL/EAL) at Silk Road International School.
At «SRIS» we use English as main teaching language, teach Kyrgyz and Russian as first and second language and offer German as a second language with a Cambridge IGCSE diploma.
We need a qualified English teacher to complement our language team and help us implement captivating lessons and engaging teaching plans. The corresponding Cambridge syllabus, past exam papers and books are of course provided.
As as a teacher for ‘English as alternate/second language’ you will give extra lessons to students who are still in an early language acquisition phase. These students typically just moved to a Cambridge school from a Kyrgyz or Russian school.
- Teaching Diploma in English.
- At least one year of language teaching experience, optimally in teaching the Cambridge IGCSE curriculum for first or second language.
- English: B2 Level (Independent user > Vantage or upper intermediate)
- Kyrgyz and/or Russian: B2 Level (Independent user > Vantage or upper intermediate)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Increase immersion to the English language.
- Keep students motivated during their difficult phase of acquiring basic English skills, while already having to study in an English language based school environment.
- Create and implement enticing lesson plans.
- Create and implement engaging project plans.
Start and Duration
This teaching position is currently open.
This position is a full-time position with a contract for the running school year, which will be prolonged for another year with mutual consent.
Salary and benefits are competitive and will be discussed during the interview.
Your application must include:
- A cover letter (email) in English.
- At least one reference contact or recommendation letter of previous teaching position.
- In the E-Mail Subject: A reference to the position, for which you are applying for.
- A highlight of your relevant skills.
- The date of your availability.
- Your CV (in English or Russian).
Interested applicants should send their application to email@example.com
Language proficiency levels
The Language proficiency levels in this job description are described using the “Common European Framework of Reference for Languages” also used by “Cambridge English Qualifications“.
- A1: Basic user > Breakthrough or beginner
- A2: Basic user > Waystage or elementary
- B1: Independent user > Threshold or intermediate
- B2: Independent user > Vantage or upper intermediate
- C1: Proficient user > Effective operational proficiency or advanced
- C2: Proficient user > Mastery or proficiency
About SRIS – Silk Road International School Bishkek
Silk Road International School («SRIS») is an International School in Bishkek, which offers the full Cambridge pathway from Cambridge Primary, Cambridge IGCSE to Cambridge Advanced.
«SRIS» is the only school in Kyrgyzstan to offer a creative branch with Design & Textiles. Our high school students graduate with Cambridge IGCSE or Cambridge Advanced Levels.
«SRIS» strives to be the best place for merited young talents to develop the stable personalities needed to become esteemed global citizens.
Silk Road International School has offered international education in Bishkek since 1999.
Number of teaching staff: 48
Number of students: 340
Industry: Education (Teaching Position)
Type of involvement:
- Full-time Position
- Until position is filled
- Duration until the end of the ongoing school year, prolonged with mutual consent.
- Salary: discussed during the interview
- Location: Bishkek, 11th micro district, Aitiev 7
- Work Schedule: from 8:30 to 16:30
All open positions at SRIS
Russian Language Teacher
Open position for a Russian Language Teacher at Silk Road International School.
Marketing Assistant for a Cambridge School
Open position for a Marketing Assistant at Silk Road International School
Primary Co-teacher / Assistant Teacher
Open position for a primary co-teacher (6 to 10-year-olds) at Silk Road International School. The position is open for the current academic year. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Kyrgyz Language Teacher
Open position for a Kyrgyz Language Teacher at Silk Road International School. We update our Kyrgyz and Russian curriculum to use the latest teaching techniques.
Physical Education Teacher – Cambridge Primary
Open position for a Physical Education teacher for Primary and Lower High School at Silk Road International School.
Homeroom Teacher – Cambridge Primary
Open position for a Cambridge Primary homeroom teacher at Silk Road International School.